News broke this morning that the popular SEO plugin for word press now has a venerability which allow a common web attack called SQL injection. Not to get all geeky on you, I’m going to simplify it for you.
- First make sure that none of you users are authors, unless you know who they are.
- Don’t fall for anyone who is sending you a link to become an author on your wordpress blog
- Make sure you apply the patch that was put out on Sunday 3/15
Admittedly we have protecting for SQL injection on well known software but you can never be too prepared. If any of my crew needs help updating their plug ins give us a call and we’ll see what needs to be done. Of course its always a good idea to keep your WordPress install up to date. Upgrading is as easy as using the upgrade button inside wordpress.
Latest posts by Beth Guide (see all)
- Reminder: March 8, 2023 Internet Marketing Clinic Schedule - March 8, 2023
- March 2023 Internet Marketing Clinic Schedule - March 1, 2023
- Using ChatGPT for SEO and Website Content Creation Properly - February 25, 2023